Rose was employed in 1942 by the Anchor Hocking Glass
Corporation and from there joined the WAC in 1943. In 1944 she was assigned to
Fort Lewis, Washington. In February,
1946, she left the armed service at Madigan, where she was stationed, and was
converted to a civil service status.
Returning to Connellsville she was employed as a beautician in Kay’s
Beauty Shop. In 1948 she became a
civilian employee of the Madigan General Hospital. On June 15, 1950 she married Sergeant First
Class Raymond A. Chapman in the chapel of Madigan General Hospital, Tacoma,
Pictured below are Mary Jane Marlot, Rose Marlot, and Angeline Marlot.