Welcome to the Connellsville Canteen!
PVT Fiorensino (Fiore) M. Sirianni was born January 23, 1909, a son of John and jennie Sirianni of Bullskin Township. He was one of 15 children in the Sirianni family. He lived most of his life along what is now known as Everson Valley Road (Pennsville) in Bullskin Township. He served in the US Army during WWII with the 187th Quartermaster Depot Company where he was in the Normandy Invasion in France and also other battle areas of the European Theater during WWII. Being single all of his life, he resided with his parents, sisters, nephews and nieces all of his life.
He enjoyed planting a huge garden and tending to the plants like corn, peppers, tomatoes and other vegetables. Fiore was a member of Walter E. Brown Post 21, Veterans of Foreign Wars in Connellsville.
He was an employee of Anchor Hocking Corporation's Closure Division Plant in South Connellsville.
The Connellsville Canteen served many of the troops during the war and Mr. Sirianni's two living siblings, Matilda Cope and Victoria Grimm of Connellsville felt it would be fitting to donate his military memorabilia to the new Canteen building for display.
Fiore died on October 20, 1987, and is buried at St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Cemetery in Scottdale, where he was a longtime member of that parish.
The case displayed in the Canteen was organized by Ed and Sue Cope of Uniontown in his memory.
May he rest in peace.